Sioux Falls, S.D. - The St. Cloud State University men's tennis team earned an important 5-4 NCAA Division II Central Region victory at Augustana College on April 14 in Sioux Falls, S.D.
The victory improved SCSU's record to 15-5 overall, and it will certainly help the Huskies as they look to gain their 12th consecutive NCAA Division II tournament bid as the match counted as a regional and Division II victory. In the latest NCAA Division II Central Region poll, SCSU was ranked third.
SCSU will continue its season on April 20 with matches at the RMAC tournament and on April 24 with a match at St. John's. The complete results of the match are listed below:
St. Cloud State 5, Augustana (SD) 4
1. Joao Orsi (SCSUM) def. Drenkow,Jared (AUGIE) 6-3, 7-5
2. Barr,Mitchell (AUGIE) def. Matt Sturgeon (SCSUM) 6-0, 2-6, 10-8
3. Tyler Hjalmquist (SCSUM) def. Gardner,Evan (AUGIE) 6-2, 6-3
4. Noldner,Collin (AUGIE) def. Jordan Peterson (SCSUM) 6-1, 4-6, 12-10
5. Buchanan,Jackson (AUGIE) def. Matheus Aching (SCSUM) 7-5, 6-2
6. Jeremy Thompson (SCSUM) def. Gregerson,Neal (AUGIE) 6-4, 6-3
1. Matt Sturgeon/Tyler Hjalmquist (SCSUM) def. Drenkow,Jared/Gardner,Evan (AUGIE) 8-3
2. Noldner,Collin/Barr,Mitchell (AUGIE) def. Jordan Peterson/Jeremy Thompson (SCSUM) 8-3
3. Joao Orsi/Matheus Aching (SCSUM) def. Buchanan,Jackson/Gregerson,Neal (AUGIE) 8-5
St. Cloud State 15-5
Augustana (SD) 5-10